Pages

Sunday, November 7

Day 7: Pumpkin Stew!!

Well, I pretty much made this one up as I went along and it was quite successful! Beef stew isn't my favorite, but this was pretty yummy. Sad to be leaving Huntsville soon but we'll be back in two weeks for my mom's big concert and my sister's birthday :D



Recipe - Cut the tops off of 6 medium pumpkins and get out all seeds and guts. Brush outside of them with olive oil. In large pot, use 2 packages of McCormick's beef stew seasoning and follow the directions on the back (I added celery, potato, onion, carrot, and corn). Add Pumpkin Pie spice and garlic to the pot and boil. Reduce heat, then spoon soup into pumpkins. Cut 6 pieces of tin foil, poke holes in the tops with a toothpick, and cover each pumpkin. Place pumpkins in heavy baking pan and cook in oven at 325 for about 45 minutes or until tender. As you're eating, scrape the sides to get some pumpkin meat with each bite.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice presentation. Beef stew in a pumpkin was what I made the first Thanksgiving after Mike and I were married. My Texas relatives were not very impressed. LOL.

    ReplyDelete