Pages

Thursday, November 4

Day 4: Beer Cheese Soup!!

I had never even heard of beer cheese soup until a couple months ago when Rush ordered it at J Clyde. So delicious. Today, however, is easily the closest I've come to a culinary failure. We can tell it would have tasted totally awesome if I had chopped the onions enough and not put so many in there. Overwhelming.

Anyway, it's picture time. I'm still sick and looking pretty darn rough, so all you get is my thumb today.




Recipe (as I should have done it, not as I did it) - Melt a tablespoon of margarine in a soup pot. Stir in 1/2 a finely chopped onion, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce. Add 1 12-ounce bottle of light beer and bring to a boil for 3 minutes (to evaporate the alcohol). Add 1 14.5-ounce can of chicken broth and bring back to boil. Combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water in a separate bowl then add mixture to the soup and bring to boil again. Finally, turn down the heat and add 2 cups of half-and-half and 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Season to taste with parsley. We added saltine crackers in our bowls.

PS WE'RE GOING TO HUNTSVILLE TOMORROW! UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE YEAH YEAH YEAH!! I couldn't be more excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment