Pages

Sunday, October 3

For the Love of Theatre

It's been a little while so I just wanted to throw this out there: I. Miss. Theatre. I miss it an uncontrollable amount. I'm working on Red Mountain's The Drowsy Chaperone right now and it is the most fun I've had in a long time! All I can think is that I would give anything to be watching Rush perform in this!! I forgot until this moment just how strongly we connect over the performing arts. I love my husband always but I lovelove him when he's tapping or singing or making me cry (in a good way).

So I'm back in. We've got to start auditioning again. We need to be involved in this community of theatre-lovers. Rush acts every day, of course, but I need a stage! All I am for this show is the spot operator and it is feeding my soul. I can't imagine how I'd feel as a director or an actor or a stage manager... Actually, I can. And that's the point.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard it's a great show...a friend of mine is playing trumpet in the orchestra. Theatre Tuscaloosa is doing it in the spring and I can't wait! Love, Ava

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can't imagine how I'd feel as a director or an actor or a stage manager... Actually, I can."

    Go for it Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete