Pages

Sunday, September 26

Judging the judgers

Why do we spend so much time making fun of people on the internet?? I truly despise websites like peopleofwalmart that exist for no other reason than to take a snapshot of a human being’s life and ridicule everything we observe out of context. I’m all for a good laugh and sometimes at the expense of complete strangers, but I have to draw the line when it turns into mass-produced, malicious destruction.
 
Each of us has our own standard of living, and I’m talking in all aspects of life here. Think about how stressed out you get over tension within your family or when you break down crying over something like your car breaking down (just me?). Well what about the women who are being horribly beaten in their own homes or men who are fighting in terrifying situations for a country thousands of miles away or children who are dying because they just can’t get enough to eat?

Hardships in my life pale in comparison to that, but I personally don’t believe that it makes my pain any less legitimate. My highest-ranking problem in life right now is that I have no direction in my life. I’m sure there are people who would love to have nothing more to worry about than searching for their purpose (it’s that little flame that lights a fire…) but that’s them, not me. I’ve never experienced what they have and this is my top-level stress. When we’re dealing with something more difficult than anything we’ve had to handle before, people feel hopeless, desperate, and alone. Those feelings could come during the first day of college or the death of someone dear to you or a bloody war outside your window.

I feel like I departed from my original point: We’re all just trying to live our lives the best way we know how. Tons of piercings all over your face? I think those look ugly (and painful!) but you’re more than welcome to it. Pudginess spilling out of a tight shirt and short shorts? Good on you for having more confidence than I could ever possess. Multi-colored hair?? Well, we all know how I feel about that one :) So x out of lamebook and failblog and search for those gems like www.dailysquee.com, www.givesmehope.com, and (my personal favorite) www.postsecret.com. It can make you feel better about yourself and humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment