Pages

Wednesday, December 8

From Rush on His Birthday

Hello all.  I have always viewed my birthday as a kind of strange day.  I don't like being the focus of attention, but it is nice for everyone to treat you better than normal.  Emily and I are trying to finish decorating our first Christmas tree as a married couple.  It is a challenge.  Our dog doesn't like anything receiving more attention than him, while our cat is taking down any ornament we hang lower than our knees.  But back to my birthday.  We ate at Surin, our favorite restaurant in town, for dinner.  Angel (a girl I work with, not a celestial servant of God) made me an egg custard pie (my choice) and brought it to work today.  She does this for everyone at work, so don't get any ideas.  Considering she had never even tasted an egg custard pie, she did a good job making one.  Emily and I are now going to cuddle up and watch Lie to Me on Netflix.  I have done nothing with my friends today, which is strangely satisfying.  I think I have lost the desire to socialize on special occasions.  I couldn't remember how old I was turning.  Maybe it's because age doesn't matter anymore.  All in all, this has been a decent birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment